Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Family Reunion and Easter Sunday

We attended the Platt family reunion this weekend in Vinegar Bend. It was so nice and relaxing. We were able to spend some wonderful time with cousins we don't see really often. I enjoyed seeing my cousins, Brooke and Jenane and their sweet families. I haven't seen these girls in YEARS and it was so nice to reconnect with them. They've grown up, married and had families of their own, but my mind still sees them as the cute little girls I'd held as babies, babysat as toddlers, and played with as little girls. I am truly getting old.

Sam found LOTS of people who looked like him... blue eyes and strawberry blond hair!
Here's Sam with his new best friend/cousin, Michael.



Fishing took center stage.... Lizzie got some help from Megan.
Paul and cousin David Platt proved to be kindred spirits. Both quiet, patient, and focused on the task at hand. They fished for literally hours together and hardly said two words.

Here's Paul's biggest fish!!
Easter Egg hunts were another source of fun....
Then Sunday was Easter Sunday. We went to church with my grandmother, now 93 years old, and not nearly as spry as she used to be, but spunky in spirit and mind. It was a really good day, with a fabulous Easter lunch at my grandmother's, an easter egg hunt, and more fun with cousins.

All in all, a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment