Tomorrow I will be 41 years old. I mentioned I was going to be 41 years old tomorrow and Sam said,"Wow, that is a lot more than 6!" Thank goodness for Sam. He keeps me so humble. Yesterday, he ran up behind me and hugged me. He is just at the level of my rear-end and so that is what he was hugging. He threw his head back and said,"Mom, I'm hugging your squishy bottom!" Then he cocked his head to the side and starred at me. "Hey, Mom! Your hair is getting blond like Daddo's!" he exclaimed. Blond=gray in six-year old Sam speak.
I need to count my blessings more and I hope this blog will help me do that. In 41 years, I've had lots of blessings. Here are ten.
1. Steve, my husband of 18 years. Amazingly hard worker, honest to a fault, patient and kind, and the best friend I've ever had.
2. John Henry, my oldest son of 11 years. Sweet, funny, eager to please, and responsible. The child who made me a mom.
3. Paul, my second son of 7.5 years. Unique, smart, loving, happy, and the one who taught me that different is good.
4. Samson, my third son of 6 years. Smart, witty, strong, loving and the child who taught me that everyone has a soft side.
5. Elizabeth, my only daughter of 2 years. Precocious, funny, loving, and the one helping me to embrace the girly side of life.
6. My parents who loved me completely and allowed me to be me.
7. Staying home with my children full-time. The hardest thing I will ever do, but the most fulfilling.
8. My home. We live in a great neighborhood in a great house with lots of kids running in and out.
9. My church. We belong to a wonderful church with loving and hard-working people who adore my children and me.
10. My savior Jesus Christ.
That will do for starters.