Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade Clif Bars!

In my never-ending quest to fill up my growing boys and give them nutritious foods instead of junk, I have been experimenting with homemade clif bars, which my very picky boy LOVES. (How weird??) I got a no-cook recipe from here and I made it last night for the first time. These were good and picky boy Paulie liked them, but stated there were "too many little oat-things"(oatmeal). I made another batch this afternoon, but I changed a few things. I added 1/3 cup chocolate chips, used pulverized pecans instead of peanuts, and I ground up the oatmeal as well. I also found them dry and so I doubled the recipe for the wet part. This second batch turned out great and everyone liked them....except the peanut butter hater, Sam. He got oatmeal cookies.

I weighed today after not adhering to my diet/exercise plan all last week while on spring break. I found I was down 2.5 pounds!! WOW!! YIPPEE! How is that possible?? I totally don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment